Sunday, December 9, 2012

Packing up: South Africa Bound



One more day in NC and preparing for take-off December 11-> South Africa bound.  Mom and I have been cooking some favorite family Christmas recipes today (Grandma’s cheese straws and Aunt LeNeve’s white peppermint bark) to bring a bit of home as housewarming gifts to a foreign land. 
 
 God has really been lining up all the details and I’m so excited to see how this journey unfolds.  I have been so encouraged by many of your interest in my trip and have started this blog to update and maintain connection from across the world.  If you click on the three earlier posts you can see photos/details of some people I will be visiting and ministries I will have the opportunity to be a part of.   

Some of you have asked about giving, so I have set up a paypal account at paypal.com under ginnydavenport87@gmail.com if you have an account with them.  Also, a check can be sent to my home address at 1006 S 2nd St Smithfield NC 27577 and my mom will deposit it.  If you would like to designate the money specifically to one of the ministries mentioned in my earlier post I will be certain that it gets there; I’m planning to give love offerings to each of the ministries and otherwise prayerfully consider how to use any resources to serve those in need and missionaries. 

I will have the opportunity to go on a safari and do many other things while in SA but unless a donation is specifically allotted for personal use it will go directly to one of the mentioned ministries or a specific need that God shows me.  I'll keep you updated and really do appreciate your prayers and encouragement.  I’m honored to be a messenger of God’s love to South Africa, as each of us are called to be where ever God has placed us.

Shalom (Peace) to you !

1 comment: