Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Swa Vana and Time with Mama LaVerne

  Here are a few more snapshots from the Swa Vana site in Justicia during  my week with "Mama LaVerne" up in the bush. (refer to prior post to get more of the details).

Praying and Singing before the Meal
Preparing the Meal- chicken, pop, and lots of veggies
Bible Story Time with a new friend in my lap

One of the days, I was able to go out with the Home Care Workers to visit some of the widows and ill who they work with on a regular basis.  This 'go go' or grandma asked us to read from her favorite scripture: Romans 8: 37-39 - How nothing -really nothing "will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord". I pray that the truth of His constant, unstoppable, unconditional love would really go deep in all of us.


praying with one of the 'go go's
 
Teaching the ladies in LilyDale some exercises. They've started on physical and spiritual 'challenges' with the kids. So I was able to share some new ideas and we all shared some good laughs haha. 


I am always so amazed at how the Lord gives little and big surprises when you're walking in His plans.  His got the best sense of humor as well! These are Mopani worms - yes that right I said worms.  I 've been hearing about these little delicacies from the being on my time in SA but didn't know if I would have the "pleasure" of trying them.  Sure enough, Ms. LaVerne and I just happened to stop by a school and her friend there insisted that we go in and meet the principal and he had his plate of Mopani worms out ready for a tasty lunch. 
  To my surprise I really liked them haha.  You just have to think of them as crunchy fries and he had put some spices on them that reminded me a little of Bojangles' season haha! Rich in vitamins - who wants to try some?



This is just a little extra something for fun.  There was a dance off in the town square in Huntington one of the days that we were there.  I'm telling you all of these kids can move! It was fun to see.

Shalom and Many Blessings over you All!

No comments:

Post a Comment