Friday, March 8, 2013

Enjoy my Last Days in SA, NC Bound

Making new friends at the Lion Park- I've got my smile on but there's no doubt I was nervous- and for good reason haha

I'll be flying back to the US this coming Monday.  I am excited to see you all soon!  It has been an incredible time, full of a variety of adventures and many new and deepening friendships.  God has provided more than I could ask or imagine.

Here are just a few snapshots of what I've been up to the last few weeks:


 Arno and I designed a Balloon Treasure Hunt for the kids of the family that I have been staying with.  It took them on a journey all over their property finding clue and completing tasks to find their next clue. 
Popping the Next Clue

Digging for Treasure

























The Grand Prize for the completion of the Crazy Africa Balloon Hunt was a ... Hot Air Balloon Ride!      Very Fun!


 
We saw the SA night lights from a world above
                                     
 Later that week the kids designed a special South African History Hunt in Afrikaans (their native language that I've been learning), taking me from the time of the Bushmen to the days of Foet Trakers  (early settlers) up to modern day.  Below we had to cross the "ocean" they way Dias and the early explores did. After the journey we made tradition SA "stick bread" that the early settlers would have eaten and a tradition meal! Such a beautiful time with an incredible family!   

Full Boat: we were taking on a bit of water haha


making "stick bread"- SA version of smores

Eating "vetkoek" - literally translated: "fat cake"











                                                               













American Day comes to SA:

 A day full of US History, food: pancakes for breakfast, then cheeseburgers, fries, and a flag cake for a hearty dinner.



A cowboy, 3 little Indians, and good ole Ab

Surprise: An American Prize
         










Farming God's Way:

We thoroughly enjoyed a day at Vasfontein Ministries getting dirt under our nails and learning much about planting and harvesting according to God's word.  I'm excited to start putting it into practice. Here's the website if you want to find out more: http://www.foundationsforfarming.org/resources/.

Getting Down and Dirty
Monday  I'll be hopping on the big bird and flying back to you all! Excited to see you soon!
Shalom and Love from South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment